The Halfway House

Herman Schuerholz was born in Paderborn Germany and came to Honesdale in 1867. He followed his trade of bookbinding for a time then built the Halfway House in 1877…appropriately named because it was halfway between Honesdale and White Mills.
During the flood of 1955 rescue vehicles were unable to respond to a fire at the Halfway House and it was destroyed. A new building was built on the same property and opened in December of 1955
.

HOMECONTACT US
All prices aresubject to change without notice.